Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My little man is growing up...

I don't know if its friends having babies, or just the fact that my kids have really grown up a lot lately, but I have really been realizing just how fast time flies and how quickly children grow up. I know my mom used to tell me this all the time, but I don't think its ever something you really believe until you experience it, but wow... kids just grow so quickly! Tonight was Bennett's back to school night for his first year in preschool and just thinking about my little man taking this big step into school has me just devastated! I am so proud of him because he is such a great kid, so sweet, and really the best little guy I could ask for, but does he really have to grow up so fast? Just watching him play, or listening to the amazing conversations that he is able to carry on, makes me realize that he is turning into such a grown up little guy. With my little guy getting so big, I think its time to take a trip down memory lane with Mr. Bennett.... He was such a cute little (at 9 lbs 3 ozs, I guess he would be a big guy) guy...




When he cried at the hospital, it was hilarious because all the nurses would come running in to my room or call me to make sure everything was ok because this little guy had such a loud- you can't ignore me, give me what I want cry, that you thought he must be about to die!

I can't seem to find the picture I LOVED of him as a newborn, but this is pretty cute..






And then as Bennett grew, of course, so did his personality, and while I'm sure he has OCD and he is so particular that it drives me bonkers, he is just so freakin' cute, I don't know how you couldn't fall in love with him... Here he is on his first birthday, having his first cupcake with family! Bennett was a huge lover of food, in fact, all of his first words involved food: nack (snack), cacka (cracker), mmmm (anything he put into his mouth- sadly, once, he went outside and put dog poop in that cute little mouth- I only found this out because I thought hmmm, he's outside, what could possibly be "mmm" out there- so I checked in his mouth and sure enough, a piece of poopy! totally gross, I know, but a classic story I will be sure to tell his future girlfriends)

And just so you get a clear image of the 'true' Bennett... here he is just after naptime- such a joy to be around, as you can see!

But no matter what, Bennett has always been a mommy's boy!

Aww, so much fun carving pumpkins (although he didnt much care for the gooey stuff on his hands) Ok, so before I make this the longest post EVER... let me jump ahead to now.. my big almost three and a half year old boy who is starting preschool in less than a week...

He loves to do all sorts of 'boy' things, like yardwork with Daddy, building things, and playing with cars nonstop

He is a little stud driving down the road on his tricycle....
At three, Bennett is a fish... he can swim, dive, and seriously hold his breath under water longer than I can... I have no doubt that one day I will be watching him swim in the Olympics...

My little man is growing up fast, and one day, he won't want to hug and kiss on his Mommy... But for now, Bennett is a perfect little boy who can't get enough of me and while it might not always seem like it, I am cherishing every moment!



I love you Bennett!
Just an FYI- I am going to cry like a baby next Tuesday when I drop this little guy off at preschool for the first time...

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. he was just the cutest baby! I love seeing all the baby pictures! Taking Jakob to school for the first time was rough to say the least! I also cried the entire rise home! It is sucha wierd thing being a Mommy.. you are so happy to see them become amazing people, but you want to keep them little forever at the same time. I just thank God that I have such great Mommy friends, like you, that understand it all, it makes each hurdle easier when you have people jumping those same hurdles! See you in a few :)!!

    ReplyDelete